English | 18 Dec. 2013 | ISBN: 0321957415 | 208 Pages | PDF/EPUB/MOBI | 65.39 MB
With the ever-increasing should view web pages on mobile models, web pages needs to be adaptable to tons of of varied show resolutions. In Responsive Design with WordPress, educated web developer Joe Casabona teaches you simple strategies to leverage WordPress to get in all probability probably the most out of responsive design, implement most interesting practices, automate important processes, and make your life easier common. You’ll start with a refresher on the core efficiency of WordPress, then dive into creating responsive themes and plugins. Uncover out what to ponder on the outset of the design course of to keep away from losing hours of labor all through redesigns. Research up-to-date most interesting practices for determining breakpoints, accessibility, and stopping web page bloat for increased shopper experience whatever the shopper’s connection tempo. Lastly, you’ll apply the principles you research to specific tutorials, paying homage to setting up a photograph gallery, map internet web page, and merchandise internet web page.
* Research when to depend upon themes and when it’s best to utilize plugins.
* Apply your responsive CSS to a WordPress theme.
* Research quite a few navigation methods, paying homage to Bounce to with
* clear scrolling or Select discipline.
* Use customary responsive methods, like picturefill.js, to make photos reply to completely completely different show resolutions and connection speeds.
* Uncover frameworks, along with Bootstrap and Foundation.
* Receive dozens of code samples to help implement responsive design methods, and try your self with end-of-chapter quizzes.